Monday, June 28, 2010

Sunday 6-27-10
Made it to Pierre. 61 ml with a head wind that got worse is the day wore on. This was pretty much without services the whole way. About ml 11 at Stephan there was a c-store and house, closed on Sundays. Luckily at ml 35 there was an old building with cars out front, looked closed. They were open and I was able to get a drink and snack and refill my bottles. It took about 5 1/2 hours to get the remaining 26 miles. Ran into a storm that had been blown out of town as I got close to Pierre. Had 30 to 40 mph winds and drizzle for about 5 minutes as the front passed by. Had no wind for the last 3 miles into town. Moteled (Capitol Inn, $44, just down from the capitol) it again since I would be needing one for Monday night and Saturday night when I get back from Cincinnati.

Monday 6-28-10
Rest day in Pierre. Took the bike to the bike shop (Bike & Paddle, 605-224-8955), he is going to hold the bike until Saturday and fix the 2 broken spokes in the back wheel. I can keep my packs at the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment